Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Science of Shopping

1. I think there are a couple of main points. The first main point is how different stores use different sore fronts to attract different customers. I thought it was very interesting to see how the different stores wanted to convey themselves. The way the Polo Mansion was like an English club and the Klein store was like an art gallery. Another interesting point of the article is how the stores should realize who their customers are. If there customers are mostly males then they should put everything together and stuff that matches, the same way that stores do it for children. If the store will have both male and females they should have the stuff for men first because most men will not want to walk through the women's section. If the store if just for women you should spread everything out so they have to circle the store to find everything they need.

2. I think I have been influenced by a store design. If I am in the mall and I have the choice between a store that does not have any music playing and a design that does not appeal to me compared to a store with music playing and a place that looks cool, almost one hundred percent of the time I will choose the store with the music playing. I think that is just good design trying to pull the customer in.

3. Is it gender appropriate?
Does it draw the customer in?
How much time is spend in store?
Good lay out?

No comments: